La Maison d' Armoise's Photos

Tuesday, November 10, 2009

And More Coronation Notes

I think Monique covered most of everything that happened during Coronation weekend. I just thought I would add my two cents worth.

We really had a great time. The church was a wonderful facility to hold coronation at. We really enjoyed a nice and pleasant day at court. The food was fabulous. The Upper Crust Cooking Guild did a superb job provding all of us a true feast. Monique and I were very lucky with our table placement for the feast and met some wonderful new friends. Long live table 7. I love you guys. The dancing was really fun. I was fortunate to have such a good dance partner. Charlie kept me from getting more lost in the dances than I could have been. Much fun was had.

Queen's Champion the next day was also a blast and super busy. I got asked to field herald at the last minute and was just kind of thrown into it. I flubbed up my words a few times, and missed a title or two - but had a really good time. I was very nervous at first, not knowing what to do. Luckily for me, Duke Edric was a marshall in my area and really helped me out a lot. I had never really spoken to him before. He was so nice, and easy going, he really made me feel at ease and my nerves went away. What a true gentleman.

The day was busy and exciting. Not only did Sir Sven win the day, but Monique won the silver scissors for the On the Spot embroidery contest! Woo Hoo, Monique! Check out here winning embroidery of the Caidan cross in our slide show. It was the first time a member of our household has received an award at court.

Well, that's about it for today. We have lots of things coming up. See you all soon!

Alys

No comments:

Post a Comment